Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The joy of boxes!

I love boxes! You can use them for so many different things - decorating a room, storage for special treasures (and those things that are not so attractive...), organizing all that stuff that we continually must have... you name it, you can put it in a box!

For my upcoming Summer craft market, I made some fun gift boxes that I would like to share with you.

The first set of boxes are Scrap Fabric Paper Doll kits (of course, I found this idea on Pinterest...! Thanks to "This Mama Makes Stuff" blog and her post found here). I decoupaged the outside of the boxes and added some adorable little pom-pom trim to give them that extra something special. Inside, I made instructions for use and included:
- 4 templates of paper dolls
- bag of scrap fabric, buttons, ribbons, flowers and any other little bit that I found laying around my desk
- glue sticks
- scissors (2 so the child can do this with a friend)
- example paper doll made by my kids





The boxes above came in a set of two, one large and one small. I used the smaller size for the doll kits and now have the large ones that I can play around with. As many of my friends and family know, I love to bake and make those baked goods pretty, so I have all kinds of cupcake paper liners and sprinkles. What do the above make when one adds a pretty decoupaged box, some flower cupcake toppers and a flag bunting that can go onto a cake?? Why a BAKING KIT in a pretty box, of course!






Hope you like them!
J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment