Sunday, January 27, 2013

Foxy tote

Well, I'm happy to say that I am back in service after what my hubby calls a "hiatus" of not really doing anything "productive" for a number of weeks... Of course, he is normally referring to my exercise regimen, but I think I can also use it for my absence in creativity over the past 4-6 weeks!  This is not to say that I didn't have other things going on in my life, including illnesses, recurring headaches that are really getting on my nerves, kids to take care of while hubby is working 16 hour days through the audit busy season, and trying to fulfill Santa's present to me from 2011.  Santa mentioned in his 2012 letter to me that if I didn't follow his orders, I "...may not get any gifts next year except for a big pile of reindeer food (because we have so much extra in the North Pole) that you could feed Z's stinky mice. My reindeer food has a special magic ingredient to make the animal's poop not stinky - I hate stinky animals." Now, in 2011, Santa gave me a very generous present stating that i "...should take time to redecorate your apartment in terms of new furniture/pictures/paint/lights/table, etc."  So what's a gal to do?? I definitely prefer new furniture to reindeer food (although I would really like that magic ingredient to make the pet mice a bit less stinky!), AND given Santa's history, I don't want to miss any future presents; so, I've been busy finding the perfect dining room table, chairs and a sideboard for our place. I'll post about it and a few other things I've been up to for our place once everything gets delivered. I am so excited!!!!! Enough about Santa and the wonderful man that he is :-)!

Here's a tote bag made from pvc plastic (similar to wax cloth) that I just finished for my friend's little boy. It is about 13 inches wide by 17 inches high and is not lined so they can use it for wet or dry things. He likes foxes and I found an iron-on transfer of a fox in my stash that I put onto a leafy print and then added a bit of stitching to its ears and tail. The "N" is the first initial of his name so he will always know which bag is his. I thought it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. Hope he likes it too!


I hope to be back soon with more posts. Until then, have a great start to the week!
J xx


No comments:

Post a Comment