Friday, January 7, 2011

Long time, no see...

Happy New Year! I am still in a bit of shock that it is already 2011. Where in the world did 2010 go????? Sorry for the delay in posting lately. Holidays and life seemed to get in the way over the past month. One of my New Year's resolutions, well at least in my head and now in print, is to post regularly. What is the definition of "regularly"?? That's a very good question in the crazy life I lead. The goal is to post once a week and see how things go from there. So, track me down if I don't live up to my resolution!

I'm working on a couple of projects that I will share with you soon. I'm also taking a 5 week on-line workshop called "Stretching Within" from Misty Mawn where she will teach techniques for drawing, painting, collaging and photo journalling (here are the details). The class starts tomorrow and I am SOOOOOOOOO excited! There are currently 175 people from around the world signed up for the course and from what I have seen so far via the Facebook group that was set up, it is an AMAZING group of people who use art as a way to survive and thrive. Our first "assignment" was to write a poem entitled "I come from..." - this to replace the standard "my name is Julie and I live in Switzerland". What a way to open the door to your heart and soul and remember things that get buried in your memories as you grow older. It has been so incredible to see the poems everyone has shared...very powerful and emotional. I can't wait to see what other journeys this workshop will take me on.

Until next time!
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment