Friday, January 14, 2011

Drawing with Misty Mawn

I'm taking an on-line class with Misty Mawn and this week is drawing. Lines, shading, doodles, portraits, whatever suits your fancy! It has been so much fun to pick up a pencil again. As a kid, I got a book from my Grandma on "how to draw animals". It was the greatest thing in the world, along with the tracing paper she gave me to trace the animals first to help get the feel of the proportions. Once I got pretty good at the tracing part, I moved onto drawing them from the pictures. Dogs were my favorite thing to draw, especially cute little golden retrievers or lab puppies off the covers of various magazines laying around the house. I honestly haven't sat down to just draw for a VERY LONG TIME. Here are a couple of the things I've drawn this week. Still have the assignment to do a self-portrait but not sure if that will happen or not....could be scary!

This is supposed to be Miss A, but she looks about 5 years older than she really is... oh well! Had fun drawing her :-)!

One assignment is to pick one item and draw it, paint it or incorporate it into the assignments every day of the 5 week class. I chose my favorite coffee/tea cup. Here's a couple different drawings of it as well as an apple from memory (something much different than a real apple!).


Have a great weekend!
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment